Thursday, June 3, 2010

Money Market Rates 6/10

Here are the latest money market interest rates of the banks that I've been tracking on my blog. Note that these rates are sorted by APY, and represent institutions that I have accounts at, or have otherwise mentioned in my blog:

1.35% Discover Bank Online Savings
1.29% Ally Bank Online Savings
1.10% HSBCAdvance Online Savings
1.10% ING Direct Orange Savings
1.06% Shorebank Direct Online Savings
0.80% Citibank Ultimate Savings
0.65% Western FCU Money Market
0.50% Chase Plus Savings
0.40% E*TRADE Complete Savings
0.12% PayPal Money Market*

NOTES: *The PayPal Money Market fund is NOT FDIC insured.
Rates are believed to be accurate as of 6/2/10. I did not include banks that had special, or introductory rates in the list because they are not ongoing interest rates. I am also not including non-liquid accounts such as CD's in the list.

Discover Bank Online Savings currently has the highest interest rate of the banks that I'm tracking. Umbrellabank, which was a division of New South Federal Savings Bank was closed by the FDIC in December. The assets were transferred to Beal Bank and I have closed my accounts with them.

So, there is the latest list. Please let me know if you know of any higher interest rates.

DC

No comments: