Friday, July 27, 2007

Welcome to the New PFStock

I have finally gotten around to updating my blog template, and resolving the issues that I had with Internet Explorer 7 and the new Blogger Beta. I have tried to keep the same color scheme as the original PFStock. However, I have changed the underlying template. One interesting feature of my new template is that the blog post pane will resize itself depending on the size of the browser window. Also, it is much easier for me to add (or remove) list items on the side bar using the new Blogger template. For example, updating the blogroll or sponsors section is much easier than before.

This reminds me that I am still looking to add more blogs to my blogroll. If you have a bona fide personal finance blog, please Email me (my contact information is listed in the sidebar) about exchanging links. Note that I do not currently link to commercial, real estate, or multi-level marketing blogs. However, you are welcome to contact me about advertising rates for the sponsors section.

After Google converted PFStock to Blogger Beta, I had experienced some problems with the RSS feed. As a result, my readership at PFStock dropped. For the record, the correct RSS feed for PFStock posts is now http://pfstock.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default or http://pfstock.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss and http://pfstock.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default for comments. Because of this and a few other posting problems, I plan to republish some of my blog posts that readers may have missed.

Lastly, I wanted to mention the addition of polls to PFStock. Currently, I am asking readers to vote on which brokerage they use. So far, TD Ameritrade is the most popular brokerage among PFStock readers. This is not surprising since I do tend to write a lot about that broker. Anyway, if you haven't voted yet, please try to get your vote in before the poll closes.

DC

1 comment:

L. Marie Joseph said...

TD Ameritrade ... I like their customer service and their user friendley website