Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Money Market Rates June 2019

Here are the latest money market interest rates of the banks that I've been tracking on my blog. Note that these rates are sorted by APY, and represent institutions that I have accounts at, or have otherwise mentioned in my blog:

2.25% Marcus by Goldman Sachs (GS Bank) Online Savings
2.20% FNBO Direct Online Savings
2.20% Ally Bank Online Savings
2.10% American Express High Yield Savings
2.10% Discover Bank Online Savings
2.00% Capital One 360 Money Market
0.50% Unify FCU Money Market
0.06% Citibank Savings Account
0.04% Chase Plus Savings

In some cases, MMA interest rates are tiered. If this is the case, I usually report the interest rate at the $10,000 tier in these updates. Rates are believed to be accurate as of 6/24/19. I did not include banks that had special, or introductory rates in the list because they are not ongoing interest rates. I am also not including non-liquid accounts such as CD's in the list. I have included one credit union in the list so that readers have a comparison point with banks.

Most of the better MM accounts are now offering a rate of 2.00% or higher. These interest rates are now competitive. For a while, there was a significant uptrend in these money market rates. However, they now seem to have stabilized, and there has been little change from month to month.

Frequent changes show how variable the money market is. Because this is a constantly moving target, it has been very hard to keep track of the rates that I've been getting in my various money market accounts, and this is the main reason I've decided to compile a list of these annual percentage yields.

So, that is the latest list of money market rates. Please let me know if you know of any higher interest rates.

PFS

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you're trying hard to lose pounds then you need to start following this totally brand new custom keto meal plan.

To create this service, certified nutritionists, personal trainers, and top chefs have united to produce keto meal plans that are productive, decent, money-efficient, and delightful.

From their grand opening in January 2019, 1000's of clients have already transformed their body and well-being with the benefits a good keto meal plan can offer.

Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-tested ones given by the keto meal plan.