Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Money Market Rates November 2017

Here are the latest money market interest rates of the banks that I've been tracking on my blog. Note that these rates are sorted by APY, and represent institutions that I have accounts at, or have otherwise mentioned in my blog:

1.40% Popular Direct Savings
1.30% GS (Goldman Sachs) Bank Online Savings
1.25% Ally Bank Online Savings
1.25% American Express High Yield Savings
1.20% Discover Bank Online Savings
1.15% FNBO Direct Online Savings
0.75% Capital One 360 Savings
0.20% Unify (fmr. Western) FCU Money Market
0.04% Citibank Savings Account
0.04% Chase Plus Savings

In some cases, MMA interest rates are tiered. If this is the case, I usually report the interest rate at the $10,000 tier in these updates. Rates are believed to be accurate as of 11/20/17. I did not include banks that had special, or introductory rates in the list because they are not ongoing interest rates. I am also not including non-liquid accounts such as CD's in the list. I have included one credit union in the list so that readers have a comparison point with banks.

Several other banks have bumped up their money market rates and most of the ones in my list are now paying 1.15% or more. Even Citibank and Chase nudged their rates higher by 0.01%! I expect that some increase will become a trend for a while.

The frequent changes show how variable the money market is. Because this is a constantly moving target, it has been very hard to keep track of the rates that I've been getting in my various money market accounts, and this is the main reason I've decided to compile a list of these annual percentage yields.

So, that is the latest list of money market rates. Please let me know if you know of any higher interest rates.

PFS

8 comments:

https://www.firstqualityfinance.co.uk said...

Lenders will always work with you to repay any unsecured loan and help you as much as possible as long as you keep in contact. You may want to repay your loan early but remember that some lenders will charge an excess for doing this, it is cheaper sometimes to let your unsecured loan run its course for the agreed payment time https://www.firstqualityfinance.co.uk.

A1 Credit said...

True professionals A1 Credit!!!!!! A+++++ service from start to finish!! A1 Credit walked me through every step of the process and everything he said happened exactly as planned!! Anthony even stayed in contact while he was on vacation which was during my closing process! He definitely goes above and beyond the call of duty!!

Anonymous said...

The support which Very first Safety Solutions supplied was great. I was looking to install security cameras on my property. He offered me a quotation that was fair as well as directed me on the most effective setup with regard to cameras. I have to say he or she really knows their things and the quality of labor he does is excellent browse this site.

click here said...

Incredible functions!!!! The grandparent could possibly get the greeting card with respect to the grandchild. You don't need to be the lawful protector of a kid. So long as the one who is utilizing for that greeting card is over Eighteen years old. They also have launched a family member feature in which a parent may send an additional family member a distinctive link click here…

Claire said...

Here at this site really the fastidious material collection so that everybody can enjoy a lot.home security

bad credit loans said...

Just about all is really a greater APR. Something you could see is actually statements saying things like guaranteed financial loans with no 1 rejected. Bad credit loans completely false because no loan company might amuse someone that is really regarded as unlikely to pay for the money back again. I highly recommend them.

Alison Cooper said...

I really needed money for a medical purpose but I was not employed. By availing unemployed loans with no guarantor option, it becomes somehow easy to get control over the urgent as well as unexpected expenses. This post helped me a lot. Now my mind is clear from all the doubts.

william oscar said...

Keep the balls rolling!! Nice posts you have given for us.

Accounting Firms in Toronto