Monday, August 16, 2010

Problems With Blogger Polls

For a while now, there have been technical problems with some of the polls that I use in the sidebar of my blog. I have one poll about annual income and one about net worth in the right sidebar. In short, these polls have not been properly recording votes. In my post about annual income and net worth, I stated that there were already 93 respondents to the annual income poll. However, since I wrote that post, new votes have not been recorded and the total number of votes has actually dropped below the 93 that were already recorded.

I first noticed this problem when Blogger upgraded their "Template Designer" a couple of months back. The polls in Blogger are supported by Google. Some bloggers have complained about this problem in the Blogger help forum. But, judging by how Google is responding in posts like this one, it is clear that the polls are not working. Google doesn't really have a solution to the problem, and they are denying that any problem even exists.

In any case, this is a word of caution that my polls might not be up to date. Are there any suggestions for more reliable polling sites that I could use for my blog?

DC

3 comments:

Robin said...

Redeemed. You should get used to me :)

pfstock said...

Congratulations! If readers have noticed seemingly random sequences of letters and numbers in my blog, please visit My Coke Rewards Codes for an explanation of why I'm giving away free coke rewards codes on my blog.

bone graft lawsuits said...

Great post! I really enjoyed reading it. There should be more of this information out there on the internet. People are really interested in it. Thank you for your contribution!