Friday, December 4, 2009

Money Market Rates 12/09

Here are the latest money market interest rates of the banks that I've been tracking on my blog. Note that these rates are sorted by APY, and represent institutions that I have accounts at, or have otherwise mentioned in my blog:

1.95% Shorebank Direct Online Savings
1.59% Ally Bank Online Savings
1.35% HSBCDirect Online Savings
1.30% ING Direct Orange Savings
1.15% Citibank Ultimate Money
1.15% Citibank Ultimate Savings
1.10% Umbrellabank Pot O' Gold Money Market
0.55% Western FCU Money Market
0.53% Chase Online Savings
0.50% E*TRADE Complete Savings
0.06% PayPal Money Market*

NOTES: *The PayPal Money Market fund is NOT FDIC insured.
Rates are believed to be accurate as of 12/3/09. I did not include banks that had special, or introductory rates in the list because they are not ongoing interest rates. I am also not including non-liquid accounts such as CD's in the list.

So, there is the latest list. Please let me know if you know of any higher interest rates.

DC

2 comments:

GoingForGold said...

Looks like Shorebank's dropped a bit in the last few weeks.

https://www.sbk.com/deposit-rate-sheet/

Their moneymarket accounts don't touch 1% until you hit $50k, and even then it's 1.075%. Shame - I've been looking for another moneymarket/high yield checking or savings acct. Everbank was around 2% a while ago, but apparently they had all the savings accounts they could handle and turned me away.

How quickly things turn around these days.

Penny Stocks said...

Your posts, are awesome....
very well written...i am one of your regular readers...