What caught my eye is that there will be a free drawing for prizes with a total value of over $800, which will be awarded in November. In order to enter the contest, you need to fill out an "Arts Challenge" entry form (which will be available for download at the website), and return it by November 1. Mail-in entries are accepted.
Most of the prizes are provided by local, Silicon Valley organizations. The prizes that will be given away include:
- Three $75 gift certificates for classes or camps at the Community School of Music and Arts in the spring, summer or fall 2010
- Four vouchers for performances at the Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts (value of up to $50 each)
- Two tickets to QUADRE's Horns for the Holidays concert on Dec. 8, 2009 (value of $18 each)
- Four tickets to Talk Cinema in Palo Alto (value of $20 each)
- One voucher for a birthday party at Art-n-Fun in Los Altos (value of $156); will expire on December 15, 2010
- Five vouchers for an introductory clay/art class at Art-n-Fun in Los Altos (value of $26 each); will expire on December 15, 2010
- Tickets to a performance at Pear Avenue Theatre (value of up to $30 each)
In addition, the reader also mentioned that they may also be giving away free gift cards from Starbucks, which should be usable anywhere. In any case, it is worth downloading the entry form and entering for the price of a stamp. If you would like to publicize a local, Silicon Valley event or know of other special deals that readers might be interested in, please send me an Email message (my Email is in the sidebar) with the details.